Becontree Community First Panel Funding Priorities
The following funding priorities were discussed and agreed at the Panel’s first meeting on 27 March 2012:
• In all funding, promote and enhance the integration of our different communities in Becontree ward
• To increase the range of activities for young people at night.
• To increase support for older people living alone
• To support existing and newly emerging groups widen their activities
• To encourage greater co-operation between local businesses and the local community to improve the environment for residents and businesses.
Because of the growth of poverty in the Borough affecting residents in Becontree Ward, the Panel have also agreed to support initiatives that will help residents cope with hard times.
How to Apply
There is no specific deadline for applications though applicants are asked to make contact with the Panel chair Cllr Evelyn Carpenter (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone 020 8591 7604) when developing an application. Applications are distributed to Panel members for comment and discussed at Panel meetings. Any amendments are agreed with the community group before the agreed application is forwarded to the Community Development Trust.
Funding must be for between £250 and £2,500.